Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Assignment #6 - Polar Opposites


A huge list of ideas come to my head when I think of polar opposites. Fire and ice, black and white, happy and sad, etc. But one that stuck out to me was boy and girl. Boys and girls are complete opposites of each other and I wanted to come up with a way to show that. I thought about doing a picture of a guy and girl doing something or dressed a certain way but everything I thought of didn’t sound good. I had my dogs with me while I was thinking of ways to portray polar opposites when It hit me. My dogs are opposite genders and different breeds. I wanted to some how capture the different breeds so I decided to take a picture of there faces and crop them in half and put them side by side. My dog luna is half husky half black lab so she has one blue eye and one brown. Since my other dog Capo, who is a german shepherd has two brown eyes I thought it would be unique to crop Luna’s brown eye out and accentuate her blue eye. I put the photo in lightroom and brighten her eye a bit. I also put the picture of capo in and made his fur and eye a little more clear. When i finished touching the photos up, I put them in photoshop and put them side by side and I thought It turned out really great. Even though it wasn’t my original idea of having a boy and a girl, I’m very happy with this idea instead because I thought It came out great.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy with it as well. :) I love the two different eyes on your wonderful lab...

    ReplyDelete

Assignment #37 - Silhouettes