Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Assignment #23 - Can an Object Be Wrapped?


My biggest challenge throughout this who assignment was figuring out how to creatively come up with my own version of Christo and Jeanne - Claude's work. I didn't want to recreate something they've done before and wrap an object in the same material. I wanted to come up with my own unique wrapping material and a unique object that hasn't been wrapped before so I came up with the idea of wrapping a balloon in twine. After looking at the he two photographers work I came to the conclusion that the reason they call their work landscapes is because of the location that their wrapped work is located. It was important for me to find a landscape or a background that extenuated the balloon and twine. In the end I really learned why these two photographers are famous. There work is so extravagant and magnificent it really makes you stop and look at what they did and want to know why they wrapped an island or why they wrapped a big building. 




For my idea with the water bottle I wanted to wrap fabric around the water bottle and do a plain back drop behind the water bottle so that it draws more attention to the shape of the wrapped water bottle. My second idea that I most likely am going to chose is wrapping twine around a water bottle and making it so that the balloon is disfigured because of how tight the twine is wrapped around the balloon. 

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate what you've written - I do wish you had more "wrap" to this image. The balloon reads too much as a balloon and not as an object you have "recreated" with wrapping. Talk to me with your thoughts and an explanation if you think I can be convinced otherwise!

    ReplyDelete

Assignment #37 - Silhouettes